SAZF continues to work for the betterment of ties between South Africa and Israel and considers this resolution in Parliament to be hostile to this cause. It is prejudicial to the constitutional rights of the South African Jewish Community alongside Christians and all those who have religious and spiritual ties to the Holy Land. We continue strongly and vocally to oppose the hostile actions and rhetoric by the South African government. We call and hope for the Israeli Ambassador to return to South Africa as soon as possible, and for the South African Ambassador to return to Israel. We wish to thank all those parties who voted against this amendment once again showing that Israel has support in South Africa and not the narrow agenda of the ANC. Am Yisrael Chai.
- SAZF shocked at Hamas delegation being allowed into SA
- Update on today’s Parliamentary vote on Israel-South Africa relations
- South African Zionist Federation notes Israel’s decision to recall its Ambassador in SA; condemns ANC government’s hostility & discrimination against the world’s only Jewish state
- South African Zionist Federation condemns violent disruption of Christian prayer rally in Cape Town: SA government must take action against Pro-Palestine groups threatening right to freedom of assembly
- ANC government withdraws unilaterally from brokering peace in the Middle East, choosing to side with Hamas terrorists responsible for abducting South African hostages