At the South African Zionist Federation, we are committed to protecting your privacy and to ensure that your personal information is collected and used properly, lawfully and transparently.
In line with the 8 Conditions in the Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 3013 (the Act), we
- Accept joint responsibility and accountability with you to responsibly manage and protect your Personal Information when providing our services and solutions to you;
- Undertake to receive, only from you, and process the Personal Information that is necessary for the purpose to assist you with your required solutions, conclude the necessarily related agreements and consider the legitimate legal interests of everyone concerned, as required by the Act and to respect your right to withdraw your consent for the processing of your Personal Information;
- Undertake to only use your Personal Information for the purpose required to assist you or provide solutions to you;
- Undertake not to share or further process your Personal Information with anyone if not required for assisting you with your solutions or by the law;
- Undertake to be open and transparent and notify you as and when required by law regarding why and how your Personal Information needs to be collected;
- Undertake to safeguard and protect your Personal Information in our possession;
- Undertake to freely confirm what Personal Information we have, to update and correct the Personal Information, and to keep it for no longer than legally required.
We need to collect, use, and keep your Personal Information as prescribed by relevant laws and regulations and for reasons such as:
- To share with and provide relevant products or services to you, to carry out the transaction you requested, and to maintain our relationship;
- To respond to your queries;
- To confirm and verify your identity or to verify that you are an authorised user for security purposes;
- For insurance underwriting purposes;
- To assess and process claims;
- To conduct credit reference searches or verification, only if you authorise this or if it’s a requirement to provide your solutions to you;
- For operational purposes required to assist you with the solutions you require;
- For audit and record-keeping purposes;
- In connection with possible requirements by the Information Regulator or other Government agencies allowed by law, legal proceedings, or court rulings.
We may need to share your Personal Information and/or utilise software or online platforms to enter and process your information for an application, claims, or business management purposes. This will only be done in strict adherence to the requirements of the Act.
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold and may edit or delete information from South African Zionist Federation. Any such access request may be subject to a payment of a legally allowable fee.
Any additional information or concerns can be found and raised with the Information Regulator, who can be contacted as shared below, but please feel free to contact us first at the numbers/addresses listed on our website to discuss any questions or concerns you may have:
Website: https://www.justice.gov.za/inforeg/ Tel: 012 406 4818
Email: [email protected]
Your Personal Information is defined by the Protection of Personal Information Act (the Act) as:
“means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable,
existing juristic person, including, but not limited to— (a) information relating to the race, gender, sex,
pregnancy, marital status, national, ethnic or social origin, colour, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental
health, well-being, disability, religion, conscience, belief, culture, language and birth of the person; (b)
information relating to the education or the medical, financial, criminal or employment history of the person; (c)
any identifying number, symbol, e-mail address, physical address, telephone number, location information,
online identifier or other particular assignment to the person; (d) the biometric information of the person; (e)
the personal opinions, views or preferences of the person; (f) correspondence sent by the person that is
implicitly or explicitly of a private or confidential nature or further correspondence that would reveal the contents
of the original correspondence; (g) the views or opinions of another individual about the person; and (h) the
name of the person if it appears with other personal information relating to the person or if the disclosure of
the name itself would reveal information about the person”.
Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.sazf.org.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
How we protect your data
What data breach procedures we have in place
What third parties we receive data from
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data
Industry regulatory disclosure requirements